- Return to work and other normal activity within a week.
- Generally performed in the surgeon’s office or an outpatient surgical center.
- Adds aesthetically pleasing contour to the face.
- Results are essentially permanent.
Houston Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
575 East Medical Center Boulevard
Webster, TX 77598
Phone: (281) 282-9555
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
At Houston Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, we specialize in state-of-the-art plastic surgery procedures that enhance your natural features and create a sexy, youthful appearance. We offer innovative treatments in facial plastic surgery and can correct many types of facial imperfections, as well as treat signs of premature aging. The leading procedures offered at our Houston practice include facial implants, facelift, brow lift, eyelid lift (blepharoplasty), and cheek or chin augmentation.
Facial Implant Technique
The facial implant procedure follows a similar pattern for all facial areas. The surgeon makes a small incision near where the implant will be placed, either in a crease or inside the mouth at the gum/lip junction. Then a pocket is made in the facial tissue, the implant inserted, and the incision is stitched. The process generally takes 1 to 2 hours, usually with general anesthesia. The incision is bandaged or taped, and stitches are removed in 5 to 10 days (sutures placed inside the mouth will dissolve in a similar period of time). Sometimes facial implants are inserted at the same time as a facelift, nose or eyelid procedure is performed.
Benefits of Facial Implant Surgery
Other Considerations When Seeking Facial Implants
- Infection may occur. If the infection persists, the implant may have to be removed and replaced at a later time
- Shifting of the implant is another possibility
- Postoperative bruising and swelling may occur with mild/moderate discomfort for 1 to 2 days
- Strenuous activity and rough contact to the implant area must be avoided for 4 to 6 weeks
- Patients with gum or dental problems will want to confer with their dentist
- Are you wondering if a facial implant could improve the appearance of your chin or cheekbones? Our unique computerized video imaging system allows us to show our patients the expected results of surgery prior to surgery.
How Much Will Facial Implant Surgery Cost?
Cost is always a consideration in elective surgery.
We always present our facial plastic surgery consultation patients, who visit us in Houston and Webster, TX, with a “fee quote.” This fee includes:
- Surgeon’s professional fee
- Implant fee
- Facility fee
- Anesthesia fee
It does not include any laboratory tests, preoperative examinations, garments or postoperative prescriptions.
Please see our Payment Options for more information regarding facial implant cost.
We’ll work with you to make your aesthetic dreams come true. We offer flexible financing plans to meet most budgets.Learn More
Maintaining a Relationship with Your Facial Plastic Surgeon
You will return to our office for follow up care at prescribed intervals, at which time your progress will be evaluated.
Please remember that our relationship with you does not end when you leave the operating room. If you have questions or concerns during your recovery, or need additional information at a later time, you should contact us.
Consultation for Facial Implant Surgery
Explore this website for more information about our facial surgery procedures. When you are ready to talk with one of our experienced surgeons in person, you can request a consultation online or call (281) 282-9555 to schedule your visit.
See examples of facial implants in our before and after patient photo gallery.
Dr. Moliver has given me back parts of myself that I never thought I’d be able to have again, not to mention the self-confidence to match. He is extremely charming and has a great sense of humor. I’ve always loved the staff here as well. I’d give ten stars if I could. There is no other surgeon I’d see.”Dr. Moliver Request Your Consultation